Thursday, July 28, 2011

My favorite meal... DESSERT!

Growing up I have so many fond memories of sitting in my grandmother's kitchen helping her mix a big bowl of cake batter.  I can still remember her making us tiptoe out of the kitchen so we wouldn't make the cake crack down the middle.  These memories and many like them, have created in me a love of baking and all things sweet.  My grandmother taught me so much but one thing sticks out in my mind above everything else... to share this love of baking with those around you.  My grandmother was always taking goodies to friends, sick loved ones and even doctors' offices.  People were so happy when she walked in the door with one of her saran wrapped packages.  Today, my grandmother still makes a mean strawberry cake and I know that mine will never measure up to her masterpiece but I do share her passion and look forward to sharing it with others.  

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Anna....I am so excited for you....We will definitely be customers!
    Ray & Sonya Abner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray and Sonya I would love to make you something! :) I hope you have a GREAT weekend! Let me know when you need a dessert! :)

    ReplyDelete